Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Baby, My Inspiration!! The Birth of Bikini Mama's Maternity Swimwear & Nursing Bikinis

The Birth Of Bikini Mama's Maternity Swimwear & the Famous Nursing Bikini
I wouldn't be a momprenuer if it wasn't for my little girl.  If I had never been pregnant with my little bundle of joy, I would have never been so frustrated after shopping for maternity swimwear, thus starting my own swimwear line.  
I gotta say, I was hugely disappointed with the selection of maternity swimwear out there.  I was proud of my baby bump (well definitely in the beginning months) and I wanted to show it off.  I also needed a bathing suit that would offer support and comfort, while making me feel sexy.  I found the maternity swimwear out there was out-dated and mostly one-piece or tankinis with no breast support. Well all you pregnant and breastfeeding Mamas out there know how swollen, big & engorged your breasts get during pregnancy - breast support is of huge importance.  I tried wearing my regular string bikinis and found the string around the neck was painful and extremely uncomfortable.  My breasts were just too heavy and created such pressure on the back of my neck & back.  
As my bump grew, I wished I had a cute tankini look, for the days I didn't feel like showing off my bump.  I wanted a comfortable, fully adjustable bikini with a tankini option.  
Well...Bikini Mama's was born.  I started designing, drawing, looking at patterns and fabrics. I was so excited to offer something I had myself been looking for.
Shortly thereafter another certain something was born.  I gave birth to my baby girl - the most amazing experience of my life.  I breastfed my little one (which also help me shed the baby weight) and living in California, was in swimsuit weather not long thereafter.   Again, everyone said to use a regular string bikini by sliding the one side over to nurse, then sliding back when finished. Well the problem with this, Moms, is the padding gets all bunched up. I'd end up having to visit the bathroom to take the whole top off and re-adjust.  What a pain in the neck.  And speaking of pains in the neck…again the neck string dug into the back of my neck, causing not only neck pain but back pain.  
Back to the drawing board I went. I then incorporated a nursing option into my swimwear line.  By adding one-handed nursing clips with a supportive inner frame on the bikini tops, Moms could easily and discreetly breastfeed baby with confidence.
Anything I had been looking for during pregnancy and after, I incorporated into the Bikini Mama's swimwear line.  
Our swimwear line offers…
Trendy maternity swimwear that adjusts to your evolving pregnant body
Made of comfortable, quick drying and high quality material for long term wear
Adjustable cups support and flatter the breasts; in fact, many non-pregnant women choose to wear Bikini Mamas suits for their comfort, support and good looks
Convenience of a nursing bra: strong clips can be fastened and unfastened with an easy one hand operation, for discreet nursing
Bikini tops are super supportive and easily accessible to nurse your baby
Bra never bunches when re-clipped after breastfeeding
Shoulder straps offer a wide range of adjustment to make prolonged use comfortable
Reshapes to your post-pregnancy silhouette, and can be worn as a traditional bathing suit
To complement our swimwear line, we offer a Tankini wrap that acts as a totally adjustable skirt to cover your belly or stretch marks when you might want some modesty.  The tankini wrap can also be used as a skirt or nursing cover.
Traditional line that offers all the same benefits of the maternity line, replacing nursing clips with rings on the bikini tops
Not only did my little girl, alone, make me the happiest woman in the world, but she also inspired me to help other women/Moms out there to feel comfortable in their own skin - to offer them support, comfort, ease & confidence while making them feel sexy.
Rock it Ladies.  Be Beautiful!!

My little fashionista - Following Mama's footsteps?

No comments:

Post a Comment